About Our Website
Our Website is a website owned by Altruology, LLC, (“We”, “Us” or “Altruology”). Our Website gives users the ability to consume wellness and health related content, post comments and other user generated content. We may, in our sole discretion, change or discontinue any or all aspects of Our Website at any time, without notice, and without liability to you.
About The Site Terms
The Site Terms have the same effect as an agreement in writing and govern your use of Our Website. If you do not agree to the Site Terms, please do not use Our Website. We may modify the Site Terms at any time. If you do not agree to the changes, you may discontinue using Our Website. Your continued use of Our Website after any such changes take effect constitutes your acceptance to such changes. Each time you visit or log into Our Website, you reaffirm your acceptance of the Site Terms. You are responsible for regularly reviewing the Site Terms. The Site Terms are supplemented by additional terms and conditions applicable to privacy, and may be supplemented by additional terms and conditions applicable to specific areas of Our Website, or to particular content or transactions are posted in particular areas of Our Website and, together with these Site Terms, govern your use of those areas and content.
Our Website includes information and instructions relating to diet, gastrointestinal wellness, exercise and fitness, and nutrition. You acknowledge and agree that the following warnings and disclaimers shall apply to all such information, instructions, and services.
Before participating in any diet, taking any supplement, or beginning an exercise program or using any diet or fitness products or services that may be described and/or made accessible in or through Our Website, We strongly recommend that you consult with a physician or other healthcare provider. Vacaye.com, its staff are not licensed medical care providers, are not rendering personal medical advice or treatment, and have no expertise in advising on, diagnosing, examining, or treating medical conditions of any kind, or in determining the effect of any specific exercise or diet on a medical condition. You acknowledge and agree that when participating in any diet, exercise, or exercise program, and/or when using any diet or fitness products or services, there is the possibility of physical injury and/or death, and you assume the risk and responsibility for any such results.
Our Website, including all content contained within are not meant to be substitutes for medical advice from your doctor or health care provider and We make no warranties, express or implied, as to the completeness, accuracy, or appropriateness for any purpose of any information or content contained in Our Website. You are advised that health advice is often subject to updating and refining due to medical research and developments. We are committed to bringing you the most up to date information, however, we make no guarantee that the information herein is the most recent on any particular subject. You are encouraged to consult with your health care provider with any questions or concerns you may have regarding any health condition that you may have before starting any supplements, beginning exercise programs, and/or making changes to your diet.
You should never disregard medical advice or delay seeking it because of a statement you have read on Our Website. Our Website should not be used in lieu of advice given by qualified medical professionals such as your doctor or registered dietitian. It is important that Our website is used only in conjunction with qualified medical guidance. If you know or suspect that you may be pregnant, have an eating disorder, have diabetes, or have any other physical or medical condition, it is imperative that you seek the advice of your doctor prior to using Our Website. If you experience any discomfort or pain during a diet or exercise program you should immediately cease the activity and seek the assistance of a physician.
Terms & Conditions
1. We May Discontinue or Suspend Our Site or Terminate Your Use: We reserve the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, Our Website (or any part thereof) with or without notice. You agree that We shall not be liable to you or any third party for any such modification, suspension or discontinuance of Our Website. In addition, we reserve the right to terminate your access to Our Website for any reason, and to take any other actions that We, in our sole discretion, believes to be in the interest of our company and of our users as a whole.
2. We Have All Rights In Our Website and Content; You Grant Us Certain Rights When You Submit Content to Us:
(a) Our Website (including all text, photographs, graphics, video and audio content contained on Our Website) is protected by copyright as a collective work or compilation under the copyright laws of the United States and other countries, and we (subject to the rights of our licensors and licensees under applicable agreements, understandings and arrangements) have all rights therein. All individual articles, blogs, videos, content and other elements comprising Our Website are also copyrighted works, and we (subject to the rights of our licensors and licensees under applicable agreements, understandings and arrangements) have all rights therein. You must abide by all additional copyright notices or restrictions contained on Our Website.
(b) By posting or submitting content on or to Our Website (regardless of the form or medium with respect to such content, whether text, videos, photographs, audio or otherwise), you are giving us, and our affiliates, agents and third party contractors the right to display or publish such content on Our Website and its affiliated publications (either in the form submitted or in the form of a derivative or adapted work), to store such content, and to distribute such content and use such content for promotional and marketing purposes. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, with respect to any video submissions to us made by you from time to time, you understand and agree that (unless you and we agree otherwise) we may, or may permit users to, based solely on functionality provided and enabled by our website, compile, re-edit, adapt or modify your video submission, or create derivative works therefrom, either on a stand-alone basis or in combination with other video submissions, and (unless you and we agree otherwise) you shall have no rights with respect thereto and we or our licensees shall be free to display and publish the same (as so compiled, re-edited, adapted, modified or derived) for any period.
(c) You represent and warrant to us that (a) you are legally capable to enter into contracts, (b) you are providing us at all times true, accurate and up to date information about yourself, (c) you will comply at all times with the Site Terms and applicable law, and (d) your use of Our Website and any transactions that you make with us will not violate the rights of any third party. In addition, you agree that you shall be solely responsible for your own submissions and the consequences of posting or publishing them. This includes, for example, any personal information, such as your home address, the home address of others, or your current location. WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE CONSEQUENCES OF YOUR SHARING OR POSTING ANY PERSONAL OR OTHER INFORMATION ON OUR WEBSITE. You may not post content intended to provide professional advice, including the provision of medical advice, or advertising of any kind. In connection with each of your submissions, you affirm, represent, and/or warrant that: (I) you own or have the necessary licenses, rights, consents, and permissions to use and authorize us to use all patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights in and to any and all such submissions to enable inclusion and use of such submissions in the manner contemplated by us and these Site Terms; and (II) you have the written consent, release, and/or permission of each and every identifiable individual person in such submissions to use the name or likeness of each and every such identifiable individual person to enable inclusion and use of such submissions in the manner contemplated by us and these Site Terms. In furtherance of the foregoing, you agree that you will not: (I) submit material that is copyrighted, protected by trade secret or otherwise subject to third party proprietary rights, including privacy and publicity rights, unless you are the owner of such rights or have permission from their rightful owner to post the material and to grant us all of the rights granted herein; (II) publish falsehoods or misrepresentations that could damage us or any third party; (III) submit material that is unlawful, obscene, defamatory, libelous, threatening, pornographic, harassing, hateful, racially or ethnically offensive, or encourages conduct that would be considered a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, violate any law, or is otherwise inappropriate; or (IV) post advertisements or solicitations of business. We reserve the right to remove or not publish submissions without prior notice. You understand that when you submit content in any form to Vacaye.com or Our Website we may authorize such content to be distributed or syndicated to or published on other Altruology, LLC owned environments. We may remove content posted by you for any reason.
3. You Have Rights if You Believe Your Copyright is Being Infringed: If you are a copyright owner or agent thereof and believe that any of our content infringes upon your copyright, please contact us at [email protected]
4. Your Use of Our Content is Restricted:
(a) Unless expressly permitted, you may not copy, reproduce, distribute, publish, enter into a database, display, perform, modify, create derivative works from, transmit or in any way exploit any part of Our Website or any content thereon, except as permitted under the last sentence of this Section 4(a) and except that you may make one print copy that is limited to occasional articles of personal interest only. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing (but subject to the last sentence of this Section 4(a)), you may not distribute any part of this site or any content thereon over any network, including, without limitation, a local area network, or sell or offer it for sale. In addition, these files may not be used to construct any kind of database. Just as we from time to time excerpt materials from other sources in order to support the various commentaries and writings contained herein, we respect the right of others to make “fair use” of the materials contained on Our Website; accordingly, you may from time to time excerpt and use materials set forth on this site consistent with the principles of “fair use”.
(b) We are concerned about the integrity of Our Website when it is viewed in a setting created by a third party that includes advertising or other materials that we have not authorized to be displayed with the content of Our Website. Neither you nor any third party shall make use of the contents of Our Website in any manner that constitutes an infringement of our rights, including copyright or that has not been authorized by Us.
5. We are Not Responsible For and Do Not Necessarily Hold the Opinions Expressed by Our Content Contributors: Opinions and other statements expressed by users and third parties (e.g., bloggers) are theirs alone, not opinions of Vacaye.com. Content created by third parties is the sole responsibility of the third parties and its accuracy and completeness are not endorsed or guaranteed. You acknowledge that by providing you with the ability to view and distribute content through Our Website, Vacaye.com is not undertaking any obligation or liability relating to the content. Vacaye.com, Altruology, LLC and its affiliates, successors, assigns, employees, agents, directors, officers and shareholders do not undertake or assume any duty to monitor Our Website for inappropriate or unlawful content. Vacaye.com, Altruology, LLC and its affiliates, successors, assigns, employees, agents, directors, officers and shareholders assume no responsibility or liability which may arise from the content thereof, including, but not limited to, claims for defamation, libel, slander, infringement, invasion of privacy and publicity rights, obscenity, pornography, profanity, fraud, or misrepresentation. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Vacaye.com reserves the right to block or remove communications, postings or materials at any time in our sole discretion.
6. You Will Be Responsible for Any Harm We Suffer as a Result of Your Violation of These Site Terms or Any Breach by You of Your Representations and Warranties: You agree to indemnify and hold harmless Vacaye.com, Altruology, LLC and its affiliates, and their respective members, directors, officers, managers, employees, shareholders, agents, and licensors, from and against all losses, expenses, damages and costs, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, resulting from any violation by you of these Site Terms or any breach by you of your representations and warranties hereunder. We reserve the right to take over the exclusive defense of any claim for which we are entitled to indemnification under this Section 6. In such event, you shall provide us with such cooperation as is reasonably requested by us.
7. Your Use of Our Website is Subject to Certain Disclaimers: OUR WEBSITE IS AVAILABLE “AS IS.” WE DO NOT WARRANT THAT OUR SITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE. THERE MAY BE DELAYS, OMISSIONS, INTERRUPTIONS AND INACCURACIES IN THE NEWS, INFORMATION OR OTHER MATERIALS AVAILABLE THROUGH OUR SITE. WE DO NOT MAKE ANY WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THOSE OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, WITH RESPECT TO OUR SITE OR ANY INFORMATION OR GOODS THAT ARE AVAILABLE OR ADVERTISED OR SOLD THROUGH OUR SITE. WE DO NOT MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS, NOR DO WE ENDORSE THE ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, TIMELINESS OR RELIABILITY OF ANY ADVICE, OPINION, STATEMENT OR OTHER MATERIAL OR DATABASE DISPLAYED, UPLOADED OR DISTRIBUTED ON THIS SITE OR AVAILABLE THROUGH LINKS ON OUR SITE. WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO CORRECT ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS ON OUR SITE. ALTHOUGH WE INTEND TO TAKE REASONABLE STEPS TO PREVENT THE INTRODUCTION OF VIRUSES, WORMS, “TROJAN HORSES” OR OTHER DESTRUCTIVE MATERIALS TO OUR SITE, WE DO NOT GUARANTEE OR WARRANT THAT OUR SITE OR MATERIALS THAT MAY BE DOWNLOADED FROM OUR SITE DO NOT CONTAIN SUCH DESTRUCTIVE FEATURES. WE ARE NOT LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR HARM ATTRIBUTABLE TO SUCH FEATURES. IF YOU RELY ON OUR SITE AND ANY MATERIALS AVAILABLE THROUGH OUR SITE, YOU DO SO SOLELY AT YOUR OWN RISK.
OUR SITE MAY CONTAIN VARIOUS COMBINATIONS OF TEXT, IMAGES, AUDIOVISUAL PRODUCTIONS, OPINIONS, STATEMENTS, FACTS, ARTICLES OR OTHER INFORMATION CREATED BY US OR BY THIRD-PARTIES. DUE TO THE NUMBER OF SOURCES FROM WHICH CONTENT ON OUR SITE IS OBTAINED, AND THE INHERENT HAZARDS OF ELECTRONIC DISTRIBUTION, THERE MAY BE DELAYS, OMISSIONS OR INACCURACIES IN SUCH CONTENT. ACCORDINGLY, SUCH CONTENT IS FOR YOUR REFERENCE ONLY AND SHOULD NOT BE RELIED UPON BY YOU FOR ANY PURPOSE. INFORMATION CREATED BY THIRD PARTIES THAT YOU MAY ACCESS ON OUR SITE OR THROUGH LINKS IS NOT ADOPTED OR ENDORSED BY US AND REMAINS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF SUCH THIRD PARTIES. WE MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS THAT OUR WEBSITE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, OR THE RESULTS THAT YOU MAY GAIN FROM YOUR USE OF OUR WEBSITE.
8. We are Not Responsible for Linked Sites: We are not responsible for the availability or content of other services that may be linked to from Our Website. Because We have no control over such services, you acknowledge and agree that we are not responsible for the availability of such external services, and that we do not endorse and are not responsible or liable for any content, accuracy, quality, advertising, products or other materials on or available from such services. You further acknowledge and agree that we shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with the use of or reliance on any content, goods or services available on or through such services.
9. We May be Legally Compelled to Disclose Certain Information: You agree that in the event we receive a subpoena issued by a court or from a law enforcement or government agency, we shall comply with such subpoenas without your consent or prior notice to you and may disclose your IP address, username, name, IP location or other information in response thereto.
10. Our Liability to You is Limited: Vacaye.com, Altruology, LLC and its affiliates, and their respective members, directors, officers, managers, employees, shareholders, agents and licensors are not liable for incidental, indirect, consequential, special, punitive, or exemplary damages of any kind, including, without limitation, lost revenues or profits, loss of business or loss of data, in any way related to Our Website, or for any claim, loss or injury based on errors, omissions, interruptions or other inaccuracies in Our Website (including, without limitation, as a result of breach of any warranty or other term of these Site Terms). Any claim against us shall be limited to the amount you paid, if any, for use of Our Website. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of liability of consequential or incidental damages, so the above exclusions may not apply to all users; in such states liability is limited to the fullest extent permitted by law.
11. You Will Transact with Us Electronically. You agree to transact with us electronically. This means that if you wish to transact or communicate with Us, you agree to do so by electronic means. You authorize us to send you important notices about Our Website and any pending transactions to an email address you provide to us, if you have provided your email address to Us or, in the alternative, by posting a notice on Our Website. It is your duty to keep your email address up to date and to maintain a valid email address and to ensure that emails we send you are not filtered or stopped by spam filters or other types of email blocking functionalities. If you no longer desire to transact electronically with us, you may no longer use Our Website.
12. You Are Responsible for Your Own Access. You are responsible for obtaining at your own expense all equipment and services needed to access and use Our Website, including all devices, Internet browsers and Internet access. If you access Our Website, a Website application or an Online Course through a mobile or wireless device, you are responsible for all fees that your carrier may charge you for data, text messaging and other wireless access or communications services.
13. You May Not Share Your Username and Password. In the event you are provided with a user name and password to access any part of Our Website and agree to not share, give or sell your password or username to any other person or company. Excessive viewings or logins by you will be construed by Us as fraudulent use of services, which will result in the immediate cancellation of your access to the site.
14. We Do Not Target Children Under Age 13. Due to the nature of the Internet, we cannot prohibit minors from visiting Our Website. Our Website is not directed toward children under the age of 13 and we do not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 13 through Our Website. If you believe that a child has provided information to us through Our Website or the Online Courses, please contact us by email at [email protected] We will use our best efforts to remove all of the information provided by the child from our system.
16. You Must Abide by Applicable International Laws. Due to the global nature of the Internet, you agree to comply with all local rules regarding online conduct and acceptable content. Specifically, you agree to comply with all applicable laws regarding the transmission of technical data exported from the United States or the country in which you reside.
17. Any Dispute Between Us Will be Governed by Nevada, USA Law: These Site Terms shall be governed by the laws of the United States and the State of Nevada, applicable to agreements made and to be performed therein without regard to conflict of laws principles. YOU IRREVOCABLY CONSENT AND WAIVE ALL OBJECTION TO PERSONAL JURISDICTION AND VENUE IN THE STATE AND FEDERAL COURTS LOCATED IN NEW YORK COUNTY, NY AND YOU SHALL NOT COMMENCE OR PROSECUTE ANY SUIT OR ACTION EXCEPT IN THE FOREGOING COURTS. Sections 2, 4 through 8, 10, 18 and 19 shall survive termination of these Site Terms.
BY CONTINUING TO USE OUR SITE, YOU AGREE TO ABIDE BY THESE SITE TERMS . The caption to each Section of these Site Terms are for convenience of reference only and shall be ignored in the construction or interpretation hereof.
Last Updated: Jan. 24, 2016